News and Announcements

Good Afternoon! Hope this finds all of our Celtic Families safe and sound! Some news this week I wanted to share with you:

1. If we are back in school on May 1 and able to have an abbreviated spring sport season, we are looking at alternative OCC playing dates/schedules. Here are some potential dates if we are able to start competition on or about May 7:

Baseball: May 7, 8, 9 (DH), 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 23 (DH), 26, 28. Those dates underlined are for the division of eight only. All five divisions would play two rounds. To play one round, use the first five/seven dates. Sectional play is scheduled to start Saturday, May 16, at the present time. Adjustments would have to be made for those still involved with Sectional/District games as well as graduation dates. State tournament is scheduled for June 6-11 at the present time.

2. Make sure you are keeping up with your grades on Schoology!

3. Make sure you are staying in shape with your throwing, running, and swing training! Be ready! As you can see in #1, we will only have a 5-6 day window to practice before a gauntlet of back to back games.

Stay safe!
Coach H

Hello Celts! Hope all are safe and practicing social distancing!

Couple updates:
1. Gov. DeWine delayed attending school until May 1, as of now. With that, we are still holding out hope that the OHSAA and all powers that be will allow us to play a very abbreviated schedule and send us into the tournament. We hope that happens. I need all of you to stay sharp just in case! I see many of you on Twitter filming yourselves on what you are doing and it is awesome! There are several workouts that you can be doing to stay in shape as well and hopefully you are doing some of those!
2. Jersey/Hats. We handed out all of them and if you are a senior, Tom Vinci will be getting ahold of you for those who have not paid for theirs as of yet. ($58). For the JV Gold and JV Green, if we get the word that the season is cancelled, we will have a day that is approved by our AD that is safe to collect those. On the hats, we need a couple of you to pay for your hats ($20). We will wear the same hat and jersey next season FYI, so if you keep that nice you will not have to buy one next season.
3. Tom Vinci’s address, our treasurer, is: 9213 Lerwick Dr., Dublin, OH 43017
4. Regarding Booster Fees: I believe Tom and Jeff Wilson will be shooting out an email regarding that soon. We have discussed that and have a solid plan together.
5. Catcher’s Chest Protectors. I will collect those as well in case we cancel. We handed out 3 to our catching staff.
6. Keep those grades up!

Thanks everyone and hopefully, sooner rather than later, we will be at it again!!
Coach Huesman

LaRosa's Night! 3/18

Posted by DUBLIN JEROME CELTIC BASEBALL at Mar 17, 2020 9:14AM PDT

Attached is a fundraiser flyer for LaRosa’s tomorrow for mass distribution. Although the Spring baseball future may be unknown, supporting local businesses and giving folks something to look forward to can be a positive right now while still supporting Jerome Baseball.

Paula Williams

Post Author Picture

Latest OHSAA Release on Baseball

Posted by DUBLIN JEROME CELTIC BASEBALL at Mar 14, 2020 12:08PM PDT

A couple key points to remember:

1.) We are RELYING on your communication with your coaches to ensure compliance. Bylaw 11 (Penalties) of the OHSAA Handbook outlines the ability to assess penalties for violation. Obviously, we do not want violations, which makes your oversight and communication vital.

2.) The OHSAA Non-Interscholastic Rule is still applicable to all athletes, including spring sport athletes. For spring sport athletes, they are in violation of the non-interscholastic rule if they participate in any non-school sport in the same season if they have already participated in a scrimmage or contest for the school team in that sport. Additionally, at no time are they permitted to participate in any non-school sport exceeding the 50% limitation defined in General Sport Regulation 7.

Spring Sport Out-of-State Travel

Obviously, this is highly discouraged, and we urge all schools to cancel these trips. We also know that it is impossible in a few cases to obtain refunds. In those instances, we have no choice but to permit that to continue. However, please note:

- Any contest played will be counted toward the total number permitted;

- No NEW trips may be scheduled that have not previously been scheduled, and

- It is highly recommended that the conditions outlined in Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Amy Acton’s order be followed regarding the number of individuals permitted at the event (see the Q’s and A’s for more information).

With the return to school date tentatively set by Governor DeWine for April 6, the following will TENTATIVELY be in place:

April 6 – 10 MANDATORY Practices and/or Acclimatization (if required) April 11 All Scrimmages/Regular Season Contests may begin Tournaments will remain on dates as currently scheduled THIS IS ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

Today, we now have been given a directive that we may not practice today, but can meet. So here is the new schedule:


At this time we will tell the kids what we have learned today about the remainder of the season and what we can and cannot do about practices and individual workouts. We also will relay what we can and cannot do in regards with summer travel team workouts and coaches wanting to begin early.

Difficult to say the least, but we are CELTS and we will persevere.